The resort is located beachfront in the Playacar resort development, 3 km from the picturesque town of Playa del Carmen. The sea, gardens and natural surroundings are a haven of peace and tranquility,forming an ideal location for rest and relaxation
- Barber / Beauty Salon
- Boutique Shops
- Car Rental
- Currency Exchange
- Disco / Nightclub
- Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
- Physician on Call
- Shopping Mall Nearby (5 km)
- 1 Outdoor Pool
- Swim-up Bar
- Tropical gardens surround a fabulous fresh-water swimming pool with a children`s section, jacuzzi and swim up bar. There is also a sunbathing-terrace with loungers and towels at guests` disposal.
- Playacar Golf Club
- Playacar`s championship-level golf course was carved right out of the jungle by the Robert Von Hagge Associates. This 7,202 yard course is rated 73.1 and has plenty of tee boxes for every level of play. It is situated next to Playa del Carmen.
- Holes: 18
- Green Fees: 100.00 (approx.)
- Club Rental Fees: 30.00 (approx.)
- Caddy: Mandatory
- Lessons Available
- Outdoor lighted courts: 3
- Court Fee: Complimentary.
Water Sports on Site
- Sunfish Sailing: Complimentary
- Snorkeling: Complimentary
- JetSki / Waverunner: Additional Charge
- Waterskiing: Additional Charge
- Wind Surf: Complimentary
Other Sports Available
- Horseback Riding: Additional Charge
- Health Club / Spa
- Aerobics: Complimentary
- Jacuzzi: Complimentary
- Nautilus Equipment: Complimentary
- Manicure / Pedicure: Additional Charge
- Facials: Additional Charge
Riu Yucatan is a deluxe beachfront All-Inclusive resort with a Mexican Hacienda architectural style & a privileged location in the exclusive Playacar complex. Air-conditioned rooms feature a balcony or terrace in a relaxed, easy going environment.
The Mexican Street offers a vast array of shops, services and boutiques. Guests can also enjoy food and beverage service until 2am, free entrance and drinks at two discos, and the use of all bars within the Riu complex (except those at Riu Palace).
Beach: The resort is nestled along a beautiful stretch of pristine white sand beach dotted with tropical palms and comfortable lounge chairs. There is complimentary towel service, and guests will enjoy a variety of non-motorized watersports.
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 noon
Total Rooms: 507
Year Opened: 1997
All Meals, Drinks & Tips
There are 2 Restaurants at Riu Yucatan:
- Margarita`s - An informal specialty restaurant situated by the pool area, guests are sureto enjoy the delightful theme nights. Men are required to wear long pants for diner.
- The Hacienda Restaurant - An International buffet restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, The Hacienda offers terrace dining in an enchanting atmosphere enclosed in jungle greenery. Men are required to wear long pants for dinner.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
Daily Activities & Entertainment:
- Daily activities by the pool and beach areas, with Windsurfing, Sailing, Kayaks, Boogie Boards and Snorkel-Equipment.
Nightly Activities & Entertainment:
- Live music several times a week, and Two Discos (on-site and at Riu Yucatan).
The property offers an integrated children`s swimming pool, Mini-club and playground and several times a week there is entertainment for children from 4 to 12 years.
Applicable Ages: 4 to 12 years old.
- Game Room
- Babysitting Fee: $8.00 per hour
- Cribs available on request basis for a small fee.