Set within the exclusive Playacar development near the 18-hole Playacar Golf Club, Riu Playacar is situated beachfront only 3km from the small town of Playa del Carmen. A commercial center with a variety of shops is only 50m away.
- Barber / Beauty Salon
- Boutique Shops
- Car Rental
- Currency Exchange
- Disco / Nightclub
- Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
- Physician on Call
- Shopping Mall Nearby (100 m)
- Outdoor Pools
- The lovely outdoor fresh-water pool area features a comfortable poolside sun terrace with lounge chairs, sun-umbrellas and towel service, as well as a separate area for kids. Take advantage of the free scuba lesson, or enjoy a cool drink at the pool bar.
- Playacar Golf Club
- Playacars championship-level golf course was carved right out of the jungle by the Robert Von Hagge Associates. This 7,202 yard course is rated 73.1 and has plenty of tee boxes for every level of play. It is situated next to Playa del Carmen.
- Holes: 18
- Green Fees: $100.00 (approx.)
- Club Rental Fees: $30.00 (approx.)
- Caddy: Mandatory
- Outdoor lighted courts
- Court Fee: Complimentary.
Water Sports on Site
- Sunfish Sailing: Complimentary
- Scuba: Additional Charge
- Snorkeling: Complimentary
- Paddle Boats: Complimentary
- JetSki / Waverunner: Additional Charge
- Waterskiing: Additional Charge
- Wind Surf: Complimentary
Other Sports Available
- Horseback Riding: Additional Charge
- Jogging Trail: Complimentary
Health Club / Spa
- Aerobics: Complimentary
- Jacuzzi: Complimentary
- Nautilus Equipment: Complimentary
Riu Playacar is a comfortable beachfront All-Inclusive resort with a main building surrounded by 2-3story bungalows and 15,000 square meters of tropical garden area. Each air-conditioned room features a ceiling fan, mini-bar, private balcony or terrace.
The Mexican Street offers a vast array of shops, services and boutiques. Guests can also enjoy food and beverage service until 2am, free entrance and drinks at two discos, and the use of all bars within the Riu complex (except those at Riu Palace).
Beach: Riu Playacar is situated on a white sandy beachfront dotted with lounge chairs, perfect for relaxing beneath the warm Caribbean sun. Enjoy complimentary towel service, and explore the crystalline waters with one of the many on-site watersports.
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 noon
Total Rooms: 396
Year Opened: 2000
All Meals, Drinks & Tips
There are 2 Restaurants at Riu Playacar:
Turquesa Restaurant - A poolside grill and restaurant, the Turquesa offers cold and hot starters,meats, fish and snacks throughout the day, with special a la carte dinners during the evening (advance reservations for dinner are required). Men are required to wear long pants
- El Porche - The main dining room, offering delicious buffet meals and on-the-spot cooking. Sample one of the special theme buffets offered twice a week, or enjoy exclusive terrace seating overlooking the lovely landscaped grounds. There is a non-smoking area.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
Daily Activities & Entertainment:
- Aerobics, Gym, Two Floodlit Hard Surface Tennis Courts, Windsurfing, Sailing, Kayaks,Boogie Boards and Snorkel Equipment
Nightly Activities & Entertainment:
- Nightly Entertainment, free entrance and drinks at the lively discos Piñata (Hotel Tequila) and the Espuela (Riu Yucatan).
There is an entertainment program for children between the ages of 4 to 12 years old several times a week.
- Children's Pool