Set on a secluded pristine Caribbean beach, the hotel is a 50 minute drive from Cancun`s International Airport. It is set on the outskirts of Playa del Carmen and is within walking distance of area shopping, dining, beach bars, and the ferry.
- Barber / Beauty Salon
- Boutique Shops
- Car Rental
- Currency Exchange
- Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
- Meeting Rooms
- Physician on Call
- Shopping Mall Nearby (100 meters)
- Outdoor Pool
- Swim-up Bar
- The pool is divided into three sections : Children / Adult / Swim-Up Bar.
- Playacar Golf Course - 10 minutes away
- An 18 hole championship course designed by Robert Von Hagge is located across from the hotel. The course is built around Mayan ruins visible throughout, adding to the beautiful scenery along the fairway.
- Holes: 18
- Green Fees: $150.00 (approx.)
- Cart Fee: Varies
- Club Rental Fees: $40.00 (APPROX.).
- Caddy: Mandatory
- Lessons Available
- Outdoor lighted Court
- Court Fee: Complimentary.
- Racquet Rental Fees: Complimentary.
Water Sports on Site
- Fishing: Additional Charge
- Sunfish Sailing: Additional Charge
- Scuba: Additional Charge
- Snorkeling: Additional Charge
- Paddle Boats: Additional Charge
- Motorboats: Additional Charge
- Wind Surf: Additional Charge
Other Sports Available
- Horseback Riding: Additional Charge
Health Club / Spa
- Nautilus Equipment: Complimentary
- Manicure / Pedicure: Additional Charge
- Facials: Additional Charge
The Playacar Palace has a Mexican/Mediterranean architecture with a Caribbean ambiance. This five-story beachfront resort offers 185 air-conditioned rooms and suites, each with a hammock on a private balcony or terrace.
The hotel was built around fascinating ruins which can be found throughout the resort, and features the best location in town. It is next to the town of Playa del Carmen and the ferry dock toCozumel, directly in front of the ocean.
Beach: The resort is situated along one of the most unspoiled, uncrowded beaches on the Yucatan Peninsula.
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 noon
Total Rooms: 220
Year Opened: 1991
All Meals, Drinks & Tips
There are 2 Restaurants at Playacar Palace:
- La Pergola - Serving a complete breakfast buffet from 7:00 am to 11:00 am. Dinner buffet with different specialty every night, open 6:00 pm to 10:30 pm
- La Sirena - A poolside restaurant facing the ocean, open from 12 noon to 5 pm.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
Daily Activities & Entertainment:
- Tours are available to nearby Tulum and to the natural aquariums of Xel-ha and Xcaret.
- Babysitting Fee: $10.00 per hour
- Advance Notice for Babysitting: 24 hours