With a secluded location near many local ruins, this resort is stretched along a wonderful 3/4 mile stretch of white sand beach, surrounded by 275 acres of tropical vegetation.
Located 1 hr from the Airport, 35 min from Playa Del Carmen, 20 min from Tulum.
- Barber / Beauty Salon
- Boutique Shops
- Business Services
- Car Rental
- Currency Exchange
- Disco / Nightclub
- Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
- Meeting Rooms
- Physician on Call
- Shopping Mall Nearby (On property.)
- 5 Outdoor Pools: 5
- Swim-up Bar
- There are 3 pools on 3 levels creating one huge lagoon, considered one of the most impressive in the area. There is a jacuzzi in each pool, a giant whirlpool, SCUBA clinic, sun terrace with sunshades and sun beds, and separate pool area just for kids.
- Puerto Aventuras Golf Club - 20 km
- The Puerto Aventuras Golf Club features a 3,255 yard course designed by Tomas Dehmann.
- Holes: 9
- Green Fees: Contact hotel.
- Cart Fee: Contact hotel.
- Club Rental Fees: contact hotel
- 6 Outdoor Lighted Courts: 6
- Pro Onsite
Water Sports on Site
- Fishing: Additional Charge
- Sunfish Sailing: Complimentary
- Scuba: Additional Charge
- Snorkeling: Complimentary
- JetSki / Waverunner: Additional Charge
- Waterskiing: Additional Charge
- Wind Surf: Complimentary
- Other Sports Available
- Horseback Riding: Additional Charge
- Bicycles: Complimentary
Health Club / Spa
- Aerobics: Complimentary
- Jacuzzi: Additional Charge
- Massage: Additional Charge
- Nautilus Equipment: Complimentary
- Sauna: Additional Charge
- Spa: Additional Charge
- Steam Room: Additional Charge
- Manicure / Pedicure: Additional Charge
- Facials: Additional Charge
Beach: The resort is situated on a completely natural, long stretch of private white sand beach (1 km in length) bordering along the crystalline waters of the Caribbean. Split between two private bays, the beach is partially protected by an offshore coral reef.
Check-out: 12:00 noon
Total Rooms: 894
Year Opened: 1999
All Meals, Drinks & Tips-Coupon system for a la carte restaurants.
There are 9 Restaurants at Gran Bahia Principe Tulum:
- Bar El Tequila - An a la carte Mexican specialty restaurant, reservations are required. No shorts allowed, open 6:00p-10:30p
- Acuario - 24 hour snack bar.
- Las Olas Beach Grill - A beachfront snack grill serving American food, open throughout the day andthen again throughout the evening for late night snacks.
- Yucatan - The main restaurant serving International cuisine buffet-style for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Tables are distributed throughout several dining rooms with sea-views. Breakfast 7a-10:30a, Lunch 12:30p-3:30p, Dinner 6:30p-8:30p/9p-10:30p
- Riviera Restaurant - A restaurant with beautiful views,serving international cuisine buffet style. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. No reservations are required
- Mama Mia - An a la carte Italian specialty restaurant, reservations are required. Open for dinner, no shorts allowed. Open 6:00p-10:30p
- Dolce Vita Italian Style - A la carte Italian specialty resturant open from 6:00 pm to 10:30 pm. Reservations are required.
- La Gran Tortuga - An open-air beachfront palapa restaurant serving Mediterranean food. Open for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Breakfast 7:00a-10:30a, Lunch 12:30p- 3:30p, Dinner 6:00p-10:30p
- Frutos del Mar Fisheria - A seafood specialty restaurant open from 6:00 pm to 10:30 pm.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
Daily Activities & Entertainment:
- There is a Daily Activities Program every day from 10 am to 6 pm, with Non-Motorized Water sports, Tennis, Mountain Bikes, Soccer.
Nightly Activities & Entertainment:
- Theme Nights, Disco, Nightly Shows at the 1200-seat Amphitheater (shows are on a 14- day rotation).