With a secluded location near many local ruins, this resort is stretched along a wonderful 3/4 mile stretch of white sand beach, surrounded by 275 acres of tropical vegetation.
Located 1 hr from the Cancun Airport, 35 min from Playa Del Carmen, 20 min from Tulum.
- Barber / Beauty Salon
- Boutique Shops
- Business Services
- Car Rental
- Currency Exchange
- Disco / Nightclub
- Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
- Meeting Rooms
- Physician on Call
- Shopping Mall Nearby (Within hotel complex.)
- 2 pools
- Swim-up Bar
- Two swimming pools, one like a river with 3 jacuzzis and another one close to the beach with one jacuzzi. Both swimming pools have a special children section.
- Puerto Aventuras Golf Club - 9 holes and Golf Club Playacar - 18 holes(transportation from the hotel available for additional cost).
- The Puerto Aventuras Golf Club features a 3,255 yard course designed by Tomas Dehmann18 holes (transportation from the hotel available for additional cost).
- Green Fees: Contact hotel.
- Cart Fee: Contact hotel.
- Club Rental Fees: contact hotel
Water Sports on Site
- Fishing: Additional Charge
- Sunfish Sailing: Complimentary
- Scuba: Additional Charge
- Snorkeling: Complimentary
- Hobie Cats: Additional Charge
- Paddle Boats: Complimentary
- Motorboats: Additional Charge
- JetSki / Waverunner: Additional Charge
- Waterskiing: Additional Charge
- Wind Surf: Additional Charge
- Horseback Riding: Additional Charge
- Bicycles: Additional Charge
Health Club / Spa
- Aerobics: Complimentary
- Jacuzzi: Complimentary
- Massage: Additional Charge
- Nautilus Equipment: Complimentary
- Spa: Additional Charge
- Manicure / Pedicure: Additional Charge
- Facials: Additional Charge
Check-out: 12:00 noon
Total Rooms: 485
Year Opened: 2001
All Meals, Drinks & Tips-ALL INCLUSIVE includes all meals, snacks, national drinks and cocktails at all the restaurants and bars within the hotel.
There are 5 Restaurants at Gran Bahia Principe Akumal:
- Dolce Vita - Italian specialties. Buffet service for breakfast & lunch. A la carte for dinner; reservations required. Guests may dine in this restaurant once a week (subject to avail).DRESS CODE: men are required to wear long pants and shirts with sleeves for dinner
- El Acuario - A completely casual atmosphere located on the beach offering snacks and fast food. Grilled meats, sausages, hamburgers, pizzas and a selection of salads. Open 24 hours.
- Frutos del Mar - Only an "à la carte" dinner service with a large variety of fish and shellfish in Caribbean style. Reservations are required. Guests may dine in this restaurant once a week (Subject to avail). DRESS CODE: Men required to wear long pants & shirt with sleeves.
- Riviera - Main restaurant (international buffet)with sea view(breakfast, lunch & dinner).The restaurant is exclusively for use of guests staying at the Bahia Principe Akumal. DRESS CODE: footwear is required, no bathing suits.
- Arlequin - International Gourmet restaurant. Exclusive for Bahia Príncipe Akumal guests. Open for a la carte dinner only; reservations are required. Guests may dine in restaurant once a week (Subject to avail). DRESS CODE: Men required to wear long pants & shirt w/sleeves
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
Daily Activities & Entertainment:
- There is a Daily Activities Program every day from 10 am to 6 pm, with Non-Motorized Water sports, Tennis, Mountain Bikes, Soccer.
Nightly Activities & Entertainment:
- Daily entertainment with live music and a variety of shows at hotel's amphitheatre, disco located at the Hacienda Dona Isabel.
- Children playground and children activities at the Mini Club for children between 4 and 12 years
- Applicable Ages: 4-12 years old
- Program Fees: Complimentary.
- Children's Facilities
- Play Ground
- Babysitting Fee: Fee varies
- Advance Notice for Babysitting: YES