The resort is 40 miles south of Cancun Airport, 15 miles south of Playa del Carmen, and 20 miles north of the Tulum Ruins, near Xcaret and Xel-Ha
- Barber / Beauty Salon
- Boutique Shops
- Business Services
- Car Rental
- Currency Exchange
- Disco / Nightclub
- Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
- Meeting Rooms
- Physician on Call
- Outdoor Pools
- The free form pool is like a lagoon without borders, buried in a thick oasis of palm trees with a footbridge leading to a huge Jacuzzi. For kids, there is a separate children`s area.
- Puerto Aventuras Golf Club - 2 km
- The Puerto Aventuras Golf Club features a 3,255 yard course designed by Tomas Dehmann.
- Holes: 9
- Green Fees: Varies
- Cart Fee: Varies
- 5 Outdoor lighted courts
- Court Fee: Free until 10 pm
Water Sports on Site
- Fishing: Additional Charge
- Sunfish Sailing: Complimentary
- Snorkeling: Complimentary
- Hobie Cats: Complimentary
- Paddle Boats: Complimentary
- Motorboats: Additional Charge
- Waterskiing: Additional Charge
- Wind Surf: Additional Charge
Other Sports Available
- Horseback Riding: Additional Charge
- Jogging Trail: Complimentary
- Other Sports: Minigolf (complimentary)
Health Club / Spa
- Aerobics: Complimentary
- Jacuzzi: Complimentary
- Nautilus Equipment: Additional Charge
- Sauna: Complimentary
- Steam Room: Complimentary
- Manicure / Pedicure: Additional Charge
The Barcelo Maya features five buildings of Mayan-inspired architecture overlooking 2 km of white sand beach with clear blue waters and a natural coal reef. Surrounded by miles of virgin grounds, each air-conditioned room has its own terrace.
Located on a long stretch of virgin beach, the property features a full spa with Turkish bath, a mini-golf course surrounding a natural cenote, PADI dive center with an array of non-motorized watersports, pay-per-view and video games in rooms (fee).
Beach: The resort borders 2 km of white sand beach lined with swaying palm trees. Enclosed by a coral reef,the beach features a small dock where you can step onto natural coral ledges and find yourself immersed in the amazing undersea life of the Caribbean.
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 noon
Total Rooms: 990
Year Opened: 1999
Barcelo Maya Beach Resort features 1 meal plan options:
All Meals, Drinks & Tips
There are 6 Restaurants at Barcelo Maya Beach Resort:
- Don Quijote - Spanish cuisine served with a Spanish ambiance, open for dinner only, reservations are required (gentlemen must wear long trousers, ladies casual elegant).
- Rancho Grande (Snack Bar) - A beach restaurant under a gigantic palapa with pizza and buffet service.
- Captain Morgan Streakhouse - Located to the north of the property, Captain Morgan`s is a palapa restaurant with a big galleon ship and masts reaching to the center of a thatched dome. Casual restaurant by day and steak house by night, later a lively disco.
- Buffet Restaurant - A casual buffet restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner(1 in each hotel).
- Agave - Mexican cuisine served with a Mexican ambiance, open for dinner only, reservations are required (gentlemen must wear long trousers, ladies casual elegant).
- Grill Restaurant - Grill restaurant serving snacks and casual cuisine, open from 10:30 am until 6:30 pm.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
Daily Activities & Entertainment:
- Pitch & Putt Mini-Golf, Aquaerobics, Volleyball, Basketball, Waterpolo, Games, Dancing Courses, Scuba and Water Sports Center.
Nightly Activities & Entertainment:
- Disco, karaoke, and different shows every night in an impressive split level Mayan- style amphitheater.
Kids Club Miki Maya - Free of charge, with games, books, movies, a kitchen and video games. Applicable Ages: 4 to 12 years old.
- Program Fees: Complimentary.
- Children's Facilities
- Game Room
- Teen Disco
- Children's Pool