Melia Caribe Tropical Resort is located 15 miles (20 minutes) from PUJ International Airport, 40 km from Higuey, 90 km from La Romana and 195 km from Santo Domingo.
- Barber / Beauty Salon
- Boutique Shops
- Currency Exchange
- Disco / Nightclub
- Laundry / Dry Cleaning Service
- Meeting Rooms
- Physician on Call
- Casino Onsite (Paradisus)
- Outdoor Pools: 7
- The lake-style swimming pools are fashioned after tropical lagoons. One of the pools is among the largest in Punta Cana, another is especially set aside for special events and water sports, and there is a smaller mini-pool for kids.
- Cocotal Golf and Country Club
- There is an 18 and a 9 hole course with driving range, pro-shop, rental equipment andgolf academy (tee times between 8 am and 3 pm). The 18-hole measures 3380 (Slope 131)from the Gold, 3203 (Slope 130) from the Blue and 2993 (Slope 126) from the White.
- Holes: 18
- Green Fees: 71 + 12% tax
- Cart Fee: $40. For 18
- Club Rental Fees: $40. FOR 18
- Lessons Available
- Outdoor Lighted Courts
- Court Fee: $0 day;$8/hr@nt
Water Sports on Site
- Fishing: Additional Charge
- Sunfish Sailing: Complimentary
- Scuba: Additional Charge
- Snorkeling: Complimentary
- Wind Surf: Complimentary
Other Sports Available
- Horseback Riding: Additional Charge
- Jogging Trail: Complimentary
- Other Sports: basketball, climbing wall, batting cage
Health Club / Spa
- Aerobics: Complimentary
- Jacuzzi: Complimentary
- Massage: Additional Charge
- Nautilus Equipment: Complimentary
- Sauna: Complimentary
- Spa: Additional Charge
- Steam Room: Complimentary
- Manicure / Pedicure: Additional Charge
- Facials: Additional Charge
Melia Caribe Tropical is built over 75,000 sq meters with rooms distributed throughout two-story bungalows. It is in complete harmony with its surroundings, with an eco-zone & tropical mangrove separating hotel facilities from a stunning beach area.
24-hour all-inclusive. Property features include 12 restaurants, 9 bars, nightly entertainment, a casino, five pools (including one of the largest in Punta Cana), eight lit tennis courts, and a fully equipped 1,000-seatconvention center.
Beach: The Melia Caribe borders 40 km of wonderful white sand beach bordered by the spectacularly clear waters of the turquoise Caribbean.
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 12:00 noon
Total Rooms: 1000
Year Opened: 1998
Credit Cards: Visa, Master Card, Diners Club, American Express
Men are required to wear long pants for dinner, and reservations are required for all of the a la carte restaurants. Effective 01/02/2003 the hotel will be charging a $2 per room per night for the safety deposit box. NO spring breakers
All Meals, Drinks & Tips
There are 11 Restaurants at Melia Caribe Tropical Resort:
- Hokkaido - An air-conditioned a la carte Japanese restaurant with show cooking. Open for dinner from 7pm-11pm. Reservations are required. One dinner is includedper week, per stay. Capacity is limited to 80 people. Men are required to long pants and shoes at dinner
- Seafood restaurant - Fresh seafood spcialties. Men are required to wear long pants and shoes at dinner.
- BBQ restaurant - BBQ dinner specialties. Men are required to wear long pants and shoes at dinner.
- Beachside Grill - Located on the beach with salad bar service, sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs,and other snacks. Continental Breakfast 8-11a, lunch 12-3:30p, dinner 8-10pBreakfast & Dinner will be served only by seasons. Men are required to wearlong pants and shoes at dinner
- Mexican Restaurant - Buffet service and show cooking. Open for lunch from 1pm-3pm, and dinner from 7pm-11pm. Men are required to wear long pants and shoes at dinner.
- Le Gourmet - French Gourmet Restaurant. Lobster is offered on the menu daily. Men are required to wear long pants and shoes at dinner.
- La Pagoda - Men are required to wear slacks during dinner. Air conditioned Chinese a la carte with show cooking. Open for dinner from 7-11pm. Men are required to wear long pants and shoes at dinner.
- Italian Restaurnt "La Gondola" - Pizzas and pastas specialties with buffet service and "show cooking." Openfor lunch from 1pm-3pm, dinner from 7pm-11pm, pizza service from 11pm-2a. Capacity for 140. Men are required to wear long pants and shoes at dinner.
- Ma Maison - An air-conditioned a la carte restaurant featuring French and Internationalcuisine. Open for dinner from 7:00 pm until 11:00 pm. Lobster is on the menu daily. Men are required to wear long pants and shoes at dinner.
- El Tupan - International buffet service located in the main building, open for breakfast from 7:00 am until 10:00 am, and for dinner from 7:00 pm until 10:00 pm. Capacity is limited to 290 people. Men are required to wear long pants and shoes at dinner.
- Los Atabales - International Restaurant Men are required to wear long pants and shoes at dinner.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT:
Daily Activities & Entertainment:
- Spa, activities organized by the Sol Melia Entertainment Team, watersports, dancing lessons, golf, and Kids Club
Nightly Activities & Entertainment:
- Theme Parties, Live Music, Casino, and a variety of international musical shows are available.
Kid's Club (5-12 years). Painting, group activities, etc... Baby Club for ages 0-4
- Applicable Ages: 5-12 years old.
- Children's Facilities
- Game Room
- Teen Disco
- Babysitting Fee: $10 per hour
- Advance Notice for Babysitting: 24 hours
- Arcade for teenagers with Play Station, Nintendo & other electronic games.