Travel to Costa Rica requires a U.S. passport that is valid for 6 months after expected travel dates.
Distance from Hotel to City, 32 miles. Distance from Hotel to Airport, 43.5 mile.
With over 160 rooms situated in 23 buildings, the Occidental Grand Papagayo blends harmoniously along the bluff showcasing stunning ocean views and extraordinary sunsets.
HOTEL SERVICES & FACILITIES:
- Romance Packages
- Car and bike rental
- Shopping arcade with boutique, jewelers, gift shop and mini supermarket
- Baby-sitter and doctor on request
- Information center
- Tour desk
- Spectacular outdoor fresh water pool for adults and children with 1 whirlpool
- Highly trained recreation & sports team
- Kid's club designed for infants through 4 and young people 5 to 12 years old supervised by professionals in a kids fun-filled friendly environment featuring 2 playgrounds, mini climbing wall, mini disco, table games, movies, eco-recreational team, children's menu, kid size nap areas and facilities
- Water sports: Sailing, scuba diving, scuba diving excursions, fishing, deep-sea fishing and water bikes; non-motorized water sports included
- Life-enriching classes: cooking, sushi making, wine tasting, flower arranging, candle making, Zen philosophy, massages, painting, photography, tango dance and star-gazing among others
- 18-hole golf course with par 71, designed by Robert Trent Jones II
- Luxury Spa with massages
- 4 Lighted tennis courts
- Laser skeet shooting
- Site canopy tour
- Candil Theater featuring the best live nightly entertainment
- National Park Playa Grande
- National Park Santa Rosa
- National Park Barra Honda
- National Park Palo Verde
- National Park Monteverde
- Volcano Rincón de la Vieja
- Arenal Lake
This 2,400-acre all suites, all-inclusive beachfront resort crowns Costa Rica's magnificent North Pacific Gold Coast with 406 bungalow style guest rooms with private terrace or balcony. For guests seeking the unmatched comfort and privacy, this grand resort offers 124 Royal Service guest rooms, Sol Melia's renowned European pampering service that provides VIP guests with privileges such as: plush accommodations, private check in and check out, pillow menu, exclusive Royal Service Lounge, concierge and butler services. One of its greatest attractions is the 18-hole Championship Reserva Conchal Golf Course. Serving as a magnificent centerpiece to the resort; this eco-golf course blends harmoniously into the natural wonders of Costa Rica's Tropical Forest. Other key features: a large free form swimming pool and a beautiful mile and a half white-sand beach. Guests can choose from a full roaster of on site recreation ranging from the endless pleasures of watersports, tennis, horseback riding, outdoor rock wall climbing and more. A complimentary Kid's Club with supervised fun filled activities and a program geared to engage and entertain young ones of all ages. From full scale musical revues with professional performers to an entertaining evening of karaoke, the resort offers everything needed for a night out. Also, an exciting casino features a fair number of traditional skill and chance games. Guests indulge in a culinary fantasy with 7 restaurants and 5 bars offering unsurpassed a la carte and buffet dining experiences as well as unlimited domestic and premium beverages. Discerning travelers who appreciate fine amenities will find them in this secluded All-inclusive paradise, truly one of the finest resorts in the world.
Restaurants and Bars:
- International Buffet Restaurant Mitra, open for breakfast and dinner
- Restaurant Spices for Asian fusion cuisine
- Restaurant Faisanela for Northern Italian fare
- Restaurant Buccaneer offers Caribbean cuisine
- Restaurant & Bar Hoyo 19 for American offerings
- Restaurant Caracola for pool side buffets
- Spirula Snack Shack for a lighter fare lunch
- The Gabi Club offers an array of Continental cuisine
- The resort has 6 bars including one lobby bar, the Triton swim up bar, Fun Pub, the Royal Service pool bar, a theater bar and the Gabi Club bar
- 406 oversized, elegantly decorated Suites including 122 Royal Service Suites and 2 Royal Service Presidential Beach Front Suites, encompassed in 39 bungalows and with interconnecting rooms available
- Family Concierge Suites offer special benefits and services for families vacationing with children including the all-day assistance of a Family Concierge, exclusive family activities and sports
- Paradise Kidz beach-kit on arrival and many more
- Private terrace or balcony
- Bathroom with hair-dryer and separate dressing room
- Living room
- Satellite TV
- Direct dial telephone
- 24-hour room service
Children's Program: The Kid's club is designed for infants through age 4 and young people 5 to 12 years old supervised by professionals in a kid's fun-filled friendly environment featuring 2 playgrounds, mini climbing wall, mini disco, table games, movies, eco-recreational team, arts and crafts, children's menu, video games, and kid size nap areas and facilities.
- Guest celebrating a birthday will receive a surprise gift (previous notice required). Guests must show proof of date of birth upon registration.
- Honeymoon couples receive a special courtesy in the room, room upgrade upon availability (previous notice required). Guest must present marriage certificate upon registration.